In a letter to the Ministry of Interior, 10 reformist parties announced that there will be silent demonstrations along the entire routes previously assigned for the 22nd of Khordad march. They also stated that the demonstrators will carry Green banners and symbols.
The complete content of the letter is as follows:
In the name of God,
Khordad 18th, 1389 (June 7th, 2010)
To the honorable Ministry of Interior,
In reference to our previous letter requesting a permit for demonstrations on the anniversary of the 10th presidential elections and in accordance with our recent conversation with Mr. Soleymani the head of the Office of Political Parties at the Ministry of Interior, we hereby respond to a number of questions posed of the undersigned parties as follows:
1) As previously announced, the date and routes for the demonstration will be as follows: The demonstration will take place on Saturday Khordad 22nd (June 12th) from 4pm – 8pm. The march will begin at Imam Hossein Square and will continue towards Azadi Square.
2) This will be a silent demonstration along the entire aforementioned routes.
3) There will be no speakers or resolutions/statements at the demonstrations
4) All security requirements for the demonstrations will be under the responsibility of the organizing parties and it goes without saying that the undersigned will be responsible for keeping peace and order.
5) This will be a completely peaceful demonstration, with no weapons of any kind and in compliance with national security standards.
6) The security personnel present will be responsible for preventing any type of disturbance by opportunistic individuals who seek to break the law and adversely effect the demonstrations. The undersigned organizers will cooperate fully with the security forces to ensure that such incidents are prevented.
7) The demonstrators will be carrying “GREEN” symbols and banners.
8) The demonstrators will be carrying banners requesting a return to the principles of the Constitution and the right to free and fair elections.
9) If any of the above mentioned provisions require modifications or removal, the representatives introduced in this letter have the authority to make the necessary changes in cooperation with the Ministry of Intelligence.
In closing we request that the permit be issued as soon as possible so that we may begin preparations for the demonstrations. We would like to reiterate that attempts by individuals to carry any type of weapon will violate the security of the demonstrations and as such will be dealt with by the security forces under the provisions of the law.
We hereby assign Mr Abolfazl Ghadyani and Mr. Ali Shokourirad as representatives responsible for the organization and security requirements for the aforementioned demonstration.
Signed by 10 of the Reformist Political Parties.
with special thanks to Negar Irani