The residence of Mehdi Karroubi was under siege and attacked by Basij and plain-clothed thugs once again today.
Fatemeh Karroubi, wife of Mehdi Karroubi, in a phone interview with BBC Persian said that the Basij thugs opened fire inside the building. Also, in this interview which was conducted today, Friday Sept. 3rd, Fatemeh Karroubi said that plain-clothed militias gathered in front of Mehdi Karroubi’s home for the fifth consecutive night. She added: “The difference between last night and the nights before was that they entered the building while they were armed with guns and opened fire, but they were blocked by Karroubi’s security team.
Mrs. Karroubi said that the siege of the residence started once again this morning and continued until about 3:00PM local time and apparently the plain-clothed thugs are planning to attack again tonight. According to Fatemeh Karroubi, the thugs vandalized the vehicles of the neighbors that were parked in the street, smashed the windows of the building and burned the entrance door and also beat people.
Fatemeh Karroubi once again stressed that the government and ruling powers must take responsibility for the actions of these organized plain-clothed militia. It seems like that the main goal for these attacks was to prevent Mehdi Karroubi from attending the Qods Day rally today. Previously, Mehdi Karroubi announced that he would be attending the Qods Day rally today. Although, because of the siege on his home and the attacks, he was not able to leave the building today.
According to SahamNews the LAN lines of Mehdi Karroubi’s residence have also been disconnected by Basij thugs so that he would be out of reach.